You are here:
Home > Resources > Equipment Lending Program
Equipment Lending Program
The Board of DD lends special equipment for use by residents of Cuyahoga County who have been determined eligible for our services. To take advantage of this service:
- Equipment can only be borrowed by a physical therapist or an occupational therapist from a school district that has an agreement with the Board of DD or by a family with written justification from a physical or occupational therapist.
- When a piece of equipment is identified by the therapist as something he/she would like to borrow, the therapist will fill in a form and forward it to Dave Hirchak, equipment assistant for the Board of DD.
- Equipment will be on loan for three months, renewable only if there is no one else waiting for it.
- The equipment will be 'as is.' The borrowing therapist will need to make any needed adjustments and repairs.
- Any damages incurred while in the borrower's possession will be the responsibility of the school district or family borrowing the equipment. Repair costs will be paid by the school district or family.
- The Board of DD will provide delivery and pick-up.
If you have any equipment to donate and for further information contact Dave Hirchak or call (216) 761-3376.