You are here:
Home > Special Topics > Offenders Who Have DD
Intervening with Offenders Who Have DD
Forensic Liaison Unit
The purpose of the Forensic Liaison Unit is to forward the agency's mission by assisting our individuals with disabilities who become involved in the criminal justice system (CJS).
The Forensic Liaison Unit does this by:
- Early identification in the criminal justice system.
- Consultation throughout the court proceedings
- Collaboration with individuals, interdisciplinary teams, judges, attorneys, probation officers, etc.
- Facilitating successful outcomes in parole and/or probation.
- Re-entry linkage with community-based services
For questions or to make a referral, please contact:
Carey L. Kleinschmidt, LISW-S
Supervisor of Forensic Liaison Services
Phone: (216) 931-7359