You are here:
Home > Volunteer
We have lots of volunteer possibilities for you!
More than 200 people volunteered nearly 16,000 hours to the Cuyahoga County Board of DD last year. Why not join us? Read more about our exceptional volunteers.
Find out about community activities & volunteer opportunities.
Oh, the things you might do...
- Assist with sporting events
- Chaperone day/overnight trips
- Prepare mailings
- Repair, upgrade donated computers
- Teach individuals how to use a computer
- Assist in a classroom of adults with special needs
- Be a community friend to a child or adult with DD
- Be a Special Olympics coach
- Drive someone with DD to the doctor
- Assist men and women with DD in a coffee shop
- Participate in a book club
- Be a translator for someone who can't understand or speak English
- Plan small-group social activities
- Help a therapist with office needs
- Or tell us what you CAN do!
- Satisfy yourself by helping others
- Explore a new career area
- Learn new skills
- Build your self-confidence
- Meet new people
- Share your natural gifts and talents
- Empower others
- Gain useful work experience
- Enhance your physical and mental health
- Be a winner!
For information about volunteer opportunities, call (216) 736-2722 or e-mail Sue Duffy.
Already a volunteer?
If you need a timesheet, here is the 2013 timesheet, and, if you still need one for 2012, here it is. Fill out the top portion on line with your name, etc. Then print it out and use it to keep a record of your CCBDD volunteer hours.